Cool Cat Teacher: Coming to Maine, Atlanta, Columbus (Georgia)

I don't get out much! I love my classroom and family and when I first got in the business world, I was traveling the country on a weekly basis working with cell phone markets. I've seen a lot and really love my home... the life of those who travel and do conferences is not really for me.

However, there are a few things that are currently on my calendar, and if you read this blog and are going to be there, I hope you'll come by and say hello.

October 11 - Augusta, Maine Maine Educators Technology Conference -
Wiki Workshop beginning at 2:30 pm.

October 12 - Maine Educators Conference

  • 9:30 - 10:30 - Seven Steps to a Flat Classroom
  • 1:20 - 2:20 - Blogging for a Better Classroom


November 15 - "The Wide World of Wikis" - Atlanta, GA GAETC 1/2 day workshop
Unleash the powerful cooperative learning environment of wikis in your classroom. Learn how to use, assess, and coordinate a wiki project. Learn how to integrate a wiki with your blog and the strategies for effective peer review.


February 12 - Flattening Classrooms, Expanding Minds, Growing Business Columbus State University, Center for Quality Teaching and Learning-

Columbus, GA - 9 am - 3 pm - I will be doing an all day seminar sharing what my students and I are doing including our integration of strategies incorporated this year from Daniel Pink's book A Whole New Mind. PLU's issued.

February 20 - Discovery Educator's Network EdTech Connect Program - 7 pm

There is one more conference that I'm working on and of course NECC but we won't know about those proposals for a bit.

I hope if you're somewhere close, you'll consider coming to these events. The EdTechConnect event is free, however the others do have a fee. Just remember, each Tuesday night come on over to edtechtalk for Wow2 and that is free too!

It is exciting and honoring to be asked to appear. I wish I could be two people sometimes and come everywhere. (However, I'd drop everything to go to overseas, I think... especially Australia, New Zealand, or Europe... or South America... or China... or ... oh, well, I can dream, can't I?)

Really, the happiest place for me is right here. Teaching, being a Mom, and blogging it all.

tag: , , , , , , , , , ,

Popular Posts